About the book
In her groundbreaking book, Dr. Mary Ann Block exposes the truth about the diagnosis of depression and reveals the dangers and risks of current drugs prescribed for it. If you or someone you love is one of the 19 million people diagnosed with or suffering with the symptom of depression, the information in this book could literally save your life.
In her clear and easy-to-understand writing style, Dr. Block again takes on the often flawed area of psychiatry to help people understand the real issues surrounding their symptoms. If you don’t have all the information you can’t make an educated decision. This book gives important information that often is not included in the usual doctor/patient conversation.
Most Common Causes Of Depression
In this important book, Just Because You’re Depressed Doesn’t Mean You Have Depression, Dr. Block explains the six most common causes of the symptom of depression that she sees in her practice. Dr. Block explains how a comprehensive physical examination and proper testing can find these conditions and how they can be treated without dangerous and unnecessary psychiatric drugs.
If you are feeling depressed you could have one of the following conditions:
- Thyroid problems
- Hormone deficiencies
- Magnesium and other nutritional deficiencies
- Prescription drug side-effects
- A personal loss or other normal life cycle experience.
Depression Drug Risks
Some of the side effects of antidepressants include: depression, heart failure, heart attack, atrial fibrillation, cerebral embolism, stroke, shock, thrombosis, ventricular arrhythmia, ventricular fibrillation, hemorrhage, coma, delusions, abnormal EEG, hypertension, angina pectoris, agitation, sleep disorder, apathy, ataxia, hallucinations, hostility, paranoid reactions, personality disorder, psychosis, vertigo, antisocial behavior, and stupor.
DID YOU KNOW:
- More than 40% of depressed patients were not helped after taking two trials of antidepressant medications.
- Before they first reached the market in the late 1980s, Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) were known to cause suicide, aggression and other violent behavior.
- According to the FDA, less than 1% of doctors know the side effects of the drugs they prescribe. Antidepressants carry serious potential side-effects.
- Studies have shown that 32% of patients in psychiatric hospitals registered low levels of Vitamin C.
- More than 70% of patients diagnosed with depression had a history of allergy.
- Chemicals in the body can change as a result of thyroid or adrenal problems, nutritional deficiencies, allergies, low blood sugar, pain or any other medical problem or from a medicine side effect. Feeling depressed is usually a symptom of one of these medical problems.
- Discontinuing use of an antidepressant can cause severe withdrawal side-effects including severe dizziness, nausea, balance problems, flu-like symptoms, hallucinations, blurred vision, irritability, tingling sensations, vivid dreams, nervousness and melancholy. Patients may mistake withdrawal symptoms for a return of the original symptoms they were using the drug to treat. Difficulty stopping the drug can result in needlessly prolonging exposure to it. Withdrawal must always be done slowly, under a doctor’s supervision.
Dr. Mary Ann Block’s medical approach is to look for and treat, whenever possible, the underlying causes of the problem instead of using drugs to cover the symptoms. Dr. Block found that many of her patients had been prescribed psychiatric drugs by other physicians. But after conducting a thorough examination, she found undiagnosed medical conditions that, when treated, resolved the psychiatric symptoms. These patients did not need psychiatric drugs, that can carry potentially dangerous side-effects.
Call The Block Center to order, 817-280-9933, ext. 200.
Disclaimer – Use of any products purchased from this website by you does not create a doctor-patient relationship between you and Dr. Mary Ann Block nor should the information contained in the product or use of the product be considered specific medical advice with respect to a specific patient and/or specific condition. In the event purchaser desires to obtain competent professional or specific medical advice or other information concerning a specific person, condition or situation, the services of a professional should be sought. The doctor disclaims any liability loss or risk personal or otherwise which is or may be incurred as consequences, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any products purchased or used.